Emsisoft provides bespoke ransomware advisory services. We use our unparalleled expertise in the field of ransomware to help affected organizations minimize downtime, costs and the risk of permanent data loss.
In the event of a ransomware incident, it is crucial to follow the correct processes and work with the right people. To discuss your options, please click the Live Chat button at the bottom-right corner of this page.
Get back up and running as quickly as possible
We offer technical advisory and custom decryption services for businesses, enterprises, insurers and incident responders. Team Emsisoft can guide victims through the recovery process, with the aim of restoring business operations as quickly as possible.
Our services help organizations:
- Recover data faster.
- Minimize business downtime.
- Significantly reduce overall costs.
- Minimize the risk of total data loss.
How we do it
Emsisoft has helped thousands of ransomware victims recover their data over the past 10+ years. During this time, our team of specialists has accumulated a vast amount of knowledge and developed a range of ransomware-specific skills that enable them to provide working solutions faster than anyone else on the planet.
The recovery process:
- We analyze the infection within hours of the inquiry and advise whether no-cost recovery is possible using existing decryption tools and techniques.
- If our reverse engineers find errors in the encryption code, we try to crack it and build a decryptor that doesn’t require paying the ransom.
- If the encryption can’t be cracked, we try to find suitable technical workarounds that can be used to significantly reduce the paid ransom.
- If the ransom has been paid but the attacker-provided decryptor is slow or faulty, we can extract the decryption code and create a custom-built solution that decrypts up to 50 percent faster with less risk of data damage or loss.
Note: We do not negotiate ransoms or facilitate the payment of demands. Should these services be required, please contact an incident response company. We can work with incident responders to help minimize costs and ensure the recovery process is both streamlined and safe.
Our services are provided on an hourly basis with a minimum contingent of 10 hours, which is usually enough time to get ransomware victims back to regular business operations.
Developing a working solution for a known strain typically takes about six hours from the time of the initial inquiry. Brand new ransomware strains may take significantly longer to analyze.
To get started, please click the Live Chat button at the bottom-right corner of this page.
Leading ransomware experts
Emsisoft offers unparalleled ransomware expertise. We are Associate Partners in Europol’s No More Ransom Project, collaborate with law enforcement agencies around the World to interrupt cyberciminals’ revenue streams and our ransomware decryption tools have helped individuals and organizations avoid more than $1 billion in ransom demands.
Our team is comprised of the world’s leading ransomware experts and includes:
- Fabian Wosar
“Known in the industry as one of, if not the, best ransomware expert” – BBC News.
Fabian has discovered decryption mechanisms for more strains of ransomware than anyone else on the planet.
- Michael Gillespie
Described by ProPublica as a “Ransomware Superhero” and recipient of the FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award for his work on ransomware decryption.
Inquire for custom ransomware recovery help.