Emsisoft Cloud Console is designed to provide registered Emsisoft Partners the best possible efficiency when managing larger amounts of Emsisoft customers remotely.
This document complements the general Emsisoft Cloud Console User Guide and describes best practice concepts for managed service providers.
MSP specific functionality:
- Set up a workspace for a new customer
- Policy templates for use in multiple workspaces
- Software customization with UI Customization settings
Set up a workspace for a new customer
As a registered Emsisoft Partner, you will have additional console features that help you save time when creating and maintaining a customer workspace.
- License: Make sure you have at least one unused stock license available in your partner panel or you are subscribed to the monthly billing option. Alternatively you can use the default 30 day free trial.
- Policies: Make sure you have created at least one Policy Template with your preferred basic software settings that you apply to all your customers.
The quickest way to prepare a new workspace for a customer:
- Go to the Cloud Console Workspaces panel and click ‘Create workspace‘.
- Enter a workspace name that describes your customer, e.g. ‘Contoso Corp’. Fill in your customer’s email address. It will be used to invite them to join that workspace.
- Select the desired role for your customer. We strongly recommend giving the customer the primary workspace owner role unless you have a managed service provider (MSP) agreement that puts all security responsibility in your hands.
Note: The primary workspace owner is the legal owner of the workspace and all assigned licenses.
- Select the desired role for you. If you manage your customer’s protection software, select ‘Workspace admin’ or ‘Protection manager’ for yourself.
- Select the billing contact which is either your partner account, or the customer. The billing contact person is responsible for license payments at Emsisoft. Renewal reminders will only be sent to the billing contact.
- In the ‘Product licensing‘ section, either select the 30 day trial option for one of the product editions, or pick one of your unused pre-purchased stock licenses. You can also specify any already activated license key, given it’s not yet assigned with a user account. In that case, the owner needs to perform the license transfer to the workspace later.
If you are subscribed to the monthly billing option, you will see an additional section to add the workspace to your billing plan.
- In the Protection policies section, you can optionally assign your predefined policy templates with the default policy groups in your new customer workspace. Policy templates can help save a lot of time when you need to apply certain settings changes to a large number of customer workspaces at once.
- If you need Infection notifications, set up one or more new rules. Notifications can be sent by email or via webhooks.
- Click the ‘Create workspace‘ button to complete the process. Your customer will now receive an invitation email to join the workspace.
- Once the workspace is created, click ‘Add device‘ on the workspace dashboard to install and connect new devices. Select ‘Download‘ if you have access to the device to perform the installation by yourself, or ‘Send the installation instructions by email‘ to let your customer do the installation. This works whether Emsisoft Anti-Malware is pre-installed on the device or not. Once installed, devices will immediately show up on the list of devices within the workspace.
License activation note:
Your customer doesn’t need a license key or user account to install and activate the software when using the custom installer as provided by the download or email options.
Policy templates for use in multiple workspaces
If you manage a larger number of workspaces we recommend creating policy templates to avoid having to edit the policies for each customer workspace manually.
To manage your templates, go to ‘Policy Templates‘ from the menu to the left. Click ‘New Template’ and enter a name to set up a new template.
Policy templates are stored in your partner profile and shared with all other administrators in your partner account. To use them in a workspace, the partner account needs to have ‘Workspace admin’ or ‘Protection manager’ permissions on the workspace.
Just like in a workspace’s policy panel, you can arrange your templates in hierarchies with inheritance support. We recommend creating one root template with the basic settings that never change (such as placing your partner contact details in Emsisoft’s user interface), and then having sub-templates for groups of similar users/departments (e.g. enabling silent mode for teams that can’t be distracted by alerts).
To apply a template, please switch to the customer’s ‘Workspace Settings’ panel, select either the root policy template or a specific sub-template and assign the template via the top most option on the right. We recommend doing that right away when creating new workspaces and avoid making individual device edits unless necessary for a specific device’s requirements.
Software customization with UI Customization settings
MSPs and other Emsisoft partners who require modifications of the software user interface for their customers can use the following protection policy settings:
Navigate to ‘Protection Policies’ in your customer’s workspace (or your policy templates) and then select a specific device group. Scroll down to the section ‘UI Customization’. This can also be done on the device level if necessary. There you can change the following:
- Disable license expiration notifications:
Disables all notification popups that are displayed 30, 14 and 7 days before the license period ends. Note: This potentially puts users at risk to lose protection if a license doesn’t get renewed in time. Notifications will still be displayed 3 days before license ends.
- Hide Emergency Kit Maker:
Hides the entire Emergency Kit Maker section in the Scan menu. Users will not be able to create portable scanning kits on their own.
- Disable purchase and renewal buttons:
Stops user from buying a license online at Emsisoft directly.
- Alternative message or URL for purchase:
- Insert administrator contact details or alternative notes for user, e.g. “To obtain a license, please contact Company Ltd, +1 234 567 89”.
- Specify a website address where user can find purchase information, i.e. “https://www.company.com/order/”
- Hide security news section:
Hides the entire news section on the bottom of the main Overview screen. Note: No advertising is displayed there, only security education and product news. Additionally you can also disable the news popups by disabling the relevant option in “NOTIFICATIONS” group.
- Alternative message or URL for news section:
- Insert administrator contact details or alternative notes for user, i.e. “Managed by Company Ltd, +1 234 567 89”.
- Specify a website address where user can find purchase information, i.e. “https://www.company.com/order/”.