If any of these processes do not work as expected, please contact us at [email protected] Please provide details on which step you tried that did not work. If you saw an error message, please include it in your email verbatim.
The more details you can provide, the easier and quicker it is for us to help. Your license looks similar to “ABC-DEF-GHI-123”, and the dashes are important. Capitalization is not important.
First, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The easiest way to do this is to click on the Emsisoft icon in the notification tray, which is the small group of icons located near the clock in the corner of your taskbar.
Next, you need to be logged in as a local administrator in order to associate your license key with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. If you’re not sure whether you’re logged in as a local administrator or not, you can still try the instructions below. If they don’t work and the buttons mentioned are not visible, you’ll need to log into another account on your computer that does have administrative permissions to continue.
There are two ways to associate your license key with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
- Click the “About” link in the lower right corner of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware main screen.
- Scroll up until you see the “Connect with MyEmsisoft” button.
- Click the “Connect with MyEmsisoft” button.
- Type in your MyEmsisoft login email address and password.
- Click the the “About” link in the lower right corner of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware main screen.
- Scroll up until you see the “Change license” button.
- Click the “Change license” button.
- Enter your license key if it is not already there, and follow the prompts to complete.
After completing either option, return to the Overview screen by clicking the house icon in the upper left. Next, click the “Update now” link to synchronize your computer with our server. After it has synchronized correctly, you’ll be able to see the number of days left in the license section. Alternatively, “active subscription” will be displayed if the license is associated with a subscription.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is now activated and ready to protect your machine in real time.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Pro
- Open Emsisoft Emergency Kit using the GUI (Graphical User Interface, windowed) version of the software. The correct file to run is “Start Emergency Kit Scanner.exe”. The “.exe” part might not be visible depending on how Windows is configured.
- If you use a proxy to connect to the Internet, configure the proxy by clicking the Settings link on the Emsisoft Emergency Kit overview page, then click the “Proxy settings” button. Go back to the Overview by clicking Overview in the top row. If you don’t use a proxy, go straight to step 3.
- Click on the “License” link, which is just below the Update tile. It probably says “License: Freeware” at first.
- In the window that appears, click on “Enter a Pro license key, for business use”.
- In the box that appears, insert your license and click the “Next” button.
- Please update the software if you haven’t already, using the “Update” tile on the main page.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Pro license is now activated and ready to be used.
Emsisoft Mobile Security
There are two ways to insert a license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security.
- Visit the online portal at https://central.emsisoft.com/.
- Login with the Google email address you’re using for Emsisoft Mobile Security.
- Click “My Subscriptions” from the menu on the left.
- Use the blue button “ACTIVATION CODE” in the top right to add your license to your account.
Click here for step by step instructions for adding a license key via Emsisoft Mobile Security itself.