How to configure Emsisoft Anti-Malware debug logs
As the name says, debug logs are a special type of log that lets the software record and store much more information on the internal program workings than normal logs. These ones, in fact, do NOT collect any personal data, but they look at internal program behavior and help us in finding, easier and faster, problems when program fails.
Enabling them is easy. Just open your Emsisoft product and click on the ‘Support’ section:
Next, click on the ‘Enable advanced debug logging’ checkbox in order to enable debug logs.
The Emsisoft product is now ready to log extra information. Try to reproduce the issue at least once. The debug logs won’t be of any use without the issue happening while debug logging is enabled. Next, proceed as following:
- Once you have reproduced the issue, hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually in between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
- Type the following into the Run dialog, and then click OK:
- A window should open and you should see a Logs folder. Right-click on that Logs folder, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Move the new ZIP archive you created with the logs folder in it to your desktop.
- Attach the ZIP archive containing the logs to a reply to our support staff. This may be an existing email ticket or a forum thread, for example.
Note1: if you get an error message when trying to send the Logs folder to a Compressed (zipped) folder, you can either send the compressed folder to your Desktop, or you may need to try a utility such as 7-Zip or WinRar to compress the folder. Both 7-Zip and WinRar have options to create an archive and save it in another location (such as on your desktop), which should prevent the error message. Here are links to the download pages for 7-Zip and WinRar.
Note2: Since debug logging will create logs that may be very large, we suggest you disable them when your support case is closed or when the support staff member tells you to do so.
To disable debug logging: just uncheck the “Enable advanced debug logging” checkbox in the support section. After that you can also delete all the files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Emsisoft\Logs folder.