We have provided you with a set of registry files you can import in order to enable mini dumps, full dumps or disable crash dumps completely:-
Download Crash Dump registry scripts for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Download the above file to your system and unpack it to a location of your choice.
- The names of the registry files are pretty self explanatory:
- "enable_mini_crash_dumps.reg" will enable mini crash dumps for all application crashes and is the setting we recommend during testing.
- "enable_full_crash_dumps.reg" will enable full crash dumps for all application crashes and should only be used after a developer requests a full crash dump.
- "disable_all_crash_dumps.reg" will disable all crash dump generation and is the Windows default behavior.
The settings become active immediately, no reboot is required. The crash dumps will be stored inside the "CrashDumps" sub-directory of your public profile (usually C:\Users\Public\CrashDumps).