These instructions should only be followed by request of Emsisoft support staff in process of diagnosing an open support case, rather than being provided proactively.
Please download and install Fiddler from this link, then follow the instructions below:
- After installing Fiddler, if it doesn’t run automatically, click the Windows start menu button, then find and click the Fiddler icon. It is also possible to use the search box to type ‘Fiddler’ and run it from there.
- In Fiddler, click the ‘tools’ pull-down menu, then ‘options’. Select the ‘HTTPS’ tab, and check the boxes “Capture HTTPS CONNECTs”, and “Decrypt HTTPS traffic”. Click OK to close the options window, then close and restart Fiddler.
- Confirm that Fiddler is capturing traffic, and leave the program open. If it is not capturing, click its ‘File’ pull down menu and select ‘Capture traffic’. A check mark will appear to the left of ‘Capture traffic’ when it is.
- Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware. If you’re not sure how, instructions can be found here.
- Click the ‘Settings’ tile, then click the ‘Advanced’ tab. Scroll down if needed, and click the ‘Edit’ button for ‘Proxy settings’, then check the box that says ‘Use proxy’.
- Leave the Proxy server type as ‘HTTP’. Enter “localhost” or “127.0.0.1” in the ‘Server’ field, and “8888” in the ‘Port’ field. Click ‘OK’ to close the Proxy Settings window. Return to the Emsisoft Anti-Malware main screen.
- For update issues: Click ‘Update now’ in the lower right corner of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and wait for it to fail or complete successfully, then skip the next step and proceed to step 9.
- For license activation issues: Click ‘Details’ in the lower right corner of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, then ‘Change license’ if present. If it is not present, your Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation is likely managed, and you should stop here to contact the managers of your Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation. If it is present, either provide your MyEmsisoft credentials and click ‘Log in’, or click ‘Enter key’ in the bottom corner to enter your license key. Click ‘Next’, follow the steps provided, and wait for it to either fail or succeed. Proceed to step 9.
- After the selected process completes, go back to Fiddler, then click the ‘File’ pull down menu, then ‘Save’. Select ‘All Sessions’, and save the created log file to a convenient location you can find later, such as your Desktop or Documents folder.
- Right-click the saved log file and choose ‘Send to’, then ‘Compressed (zipped) folder’. Attach the zipped folder to a reply for us to review.