The Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool can collect information that helps us diagnose problems with our software, and save it in a log that you can send to us. Here's how to use it:
- Download and run/open the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool.
- Windows will ask you if you want to allow it to make changes to your computer. This gives the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool administrator rights, which it needs to collect certain types of system information (no permanent changes will be made to your computer). You will need to click Yes to continue.
- When the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool opens, click Next to begin the process of collecting information and saving it to the log.
- Note: This process can take a few minutes, and it will appear to freeze/hang for a minute or two while running traceroutes to our update servers.
- Once the process is done, you will be able to click Close at the bottom to close the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool.
- There will be a new file on your Desktop named EmsisoftDiagLog. Simply reply to the support representative who asked you to run the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool, and attach the EmsisoftDiagLog file to your message.
Note: While running, the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool will download Microsoft NVSPBind and run it. NVSPBind is only used to collect information about what firewall drivers are in use by your computer's network adapters, and it will not be used to make any changes to your computer. It will also be automatically deleted after the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool is finished running.