- Real-time detections – Allows you to configure the number of seconds that real-time detection notifications should remain on the screen for before fading out. Default is 10 seconds.
The following notifications can be enabled (box is checked) or disabled (box is not checked). They can also be separately configured to display for your desired number of seconds:
- Recommended readings and news – When this box is checked a notification is displayed during online updates when a new Emsisoft news article become available. Default is enabled, 60 seconds.
- Removable device connections – When this box is checked a notification is displayed when a removable storage device is detected (such as a USB stick or external hard disk). Default is enabled, 10 seconds.
- Software updates – When this box is checked a notification is displayed after a software version update. Default is enabled, 10 seconds.
- Detection signatures updates – When this box is checked a notification is displayed after a Malware signature update. Default is enabled, 10 seconds.
- Application restarts – When this box is checked a notification is displayed when the program needs to restart (e.g. after a program version update). When unchecked, application restarts are performed automatically. Default is disabled, 20 seconds.
- Required computer restarts – When this box is checked a notification is displayed when a computer restart is required (e.g. after certain program version updates). When unchecked, restarts are performed automatically. Default is enabled.
- Browser Security verifications – When this box is checked, a notification is displayed asking you to install Emsisoft Browser Security. Default is enabled.
- Don’t show notifications in Silent Mode – Prevents interruptions in resource intensive games by ensuring that notifications are not displayed if Silent Mode is active. Default is enabled.
- Notifications location – The drop down menu allows you to adjust the location in which notification popups are displayed on your screen. You can choose from [Left top], [Left center], [Left bottom], [Right top], [Right center], and [Right bottom]. The default location is Right center.
You configure email notifications at any time by clicking the Email notifications ‘Edit’ button.
- Send an email on selected events – Select this option to enable email notifications to be automatically sent on the selected events in the events list. If you select a top level node only, like ‘Surf Protection’, you will only receive Disabled/Enabled notifications for that specific guard.
Your mailbox parameters can then be configured by entering the appropriate details into the fields for Sender’s address, Recipients address, SMTP server and Port. If authentication is required, select the option SMTP Authentication, choose your desired setting ([Without TLS], [Implicit TLS), [Require TLS], or [Explicit TLS]) from the adjacent drop down menu and then enter your username and password into the appropriate fields.