Right clicking the Emsisoft shield icon provides quick access to the following commonly used settings and actions:
- Security Overview – Opens the program to the Overview screen.
Protection status – Allows you to enable/disable all protection components or individual components, and to enter or exit Silent mode.
- Silent mode – Silent mode ensures your full-screen sessions can proceed without interruptions by suspending updates and notifications, and silently and automatically answering alerts according to the recommended default actions. When Silent mode is active a yellow arcade game character is displayed over the Emsisoft shield icon as a visual reminder.
- Pause protection – Allows you to pause protection for an interval of either 10 minutes, 60 minutes or until reboot.
- Application rules – Opens the program to the Application rules section.
- Host rules – Opens the program to the Host rules section.
- Scan computer – Takes you directly to the Scan section where you can select your scan type and configure detailed settings related to scans.
- Update now – Initiates an online update check for signature and program updates.
- Shut down protection – Closes the program and stops real-time protection.